The Washington Post's Aaron Blake, writing in the political blog, The Fix, calls out the nation's 10 most popular governor, taking "into account all factors in determining how successful the governors have been — from approval rating to difficulty of what they have attempted to do legislatively to the political bent of their states:"
10. Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell (R)
9. Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D)
8. New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez (R)
7. Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval (R)
6. Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (D)
5. Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe (D)
4. New Hampshire Gov. John Lynch (D)
3 .Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels (R)
2. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R)
1. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D)
The story calls Gov. McDonell of Virginia a leading contender for the Republican vice presidential nomination and New York's Gov. Cuomo "an early favorite for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination."